Sunday, September 27, 2009

Next time....

My second daughter, who is also my teacher (sifu), has two boys, both born at a birthing center, with knowledgeable, sympathetic midwives. No hospital, doctors or anesthesia. Donna was very pleased with her experience, although, she admits, and I can attest from hearing her from down the hall, that it was a rather painful experience, both times.

Her younger sister decided she'd try it for her second child, so my second granddaughter was born at the same birthing center, in Austin. Julie decided that, if she ever had another child, next time, she'd "do drugs". The 'natural' way was not for her.

When I went to the lake yesterday, after a trip to the pharmacy, I parked the car in the assigned parking lot, and walked down to The Overlook to see if the lake had risen any from the recent rains. Then, while there, I thought I'd walk up to the opposite end of the flint beds to see if the submerged pickup was still in the lake. No pickup, so I'm willing to assume that it had been recovered.

But, as I made this journey on foot, and continued on to loop around to my car, I came to the conclusion that the trail is much longer on foot. Next time, I'm taking the bicycle. The 'natural' way is not for me.




..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been told I have a "natural high"...I think it's a polite way of saying I say and act like i'm on something...naturally...sooo...The "Natural way is my way"...naturally crazy...Hey, you ever make it up the hill on the bike??? your only son...

Willie C said...

Tried it today, Son, and got to the "phychobarrier". I was feeling pretty good about it, but just as I got to the halfway point, a lady who was jogging down distracted me. There was a guy pushing his bicycle down right behind her, and somehow I think they were traveling together.

We chatted for a little bit, and I continued on up, pushing.

When I got to the top I stopped at my "water break" bench, and saw that I still had two sprockets left on the rear. I still need to work on my gear adjustment, but Son, I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it. I think that I'll have to overcome the psychological barrier as well as the physical.

I'll make it! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....