Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An Old Guy's Random Remembering #7

FROM TODAY’S SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN
6/4/04

A LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
Questions for and complaints to City Different

First, Santa Fe has the worst mail delivery service I have ever seen.

Second, Santa Fe has the worst drivers I have ever seen. Why? I don't feel safe driving on our streets when you never know if the other driver is going to stop at the red light.

Third, why can't the city have a Super Wal-Mart in addition to the little dinky, over-crowded, traffic-congested Wal-Mart we now have to put up with?

Fourth, we need to raise the minimum wage in Santa Fe. I owned and operated a restaurant in the Midwest in the 1970s-'80s and paid my staff well above the minimum wage -- so don't tell me that Santa Fe can't afford to raise wages.

Last but not least, why can't we clean up weeds, trash, etc., and live up to the name "The City Beautiful." It's a pitiful sight to drive along some of the main thoroughfares and see ugliness everywhere.

E. Angie Cox
Santa Fe


WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS SEEM TO HAPPEN, WHEN SOMEONE MOVES DOWN HERE FROM THE MIDWEST? I’D ALWAYS HOPED THAT THEY’D GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM AFTER THE 1980'S RECESSIONS ENDED. IF THINGS WERE SO MUCH BETTER WHERE THEY CAME FROM, “WHY DID THEY COME?”

PS I've never heard the name "The City Beautiful" used for Santa Fe, Yankee! When I libed there physically, instead of just spiritually, we called it "The City Different", which has an entirely "different" meaning.

PS (again)..........After several times of reading this E Angie, I really think you're writing with tongue in cheek, are you not????

No comments: