Saturday, November 2, 2019

HELEN (A long story)

I had a life before The Matriarch, but just barely..

I was a timid soul who enjoyed hanging out with my male friends at the "steep banks" down at the river, and was aware that there were things that boys and girls did together down there, but I did not know how io initiate such a relationship. Mama had impressed the idea that women should be treated with respect, but I had no idea how I could apply that to me,...yet.

I had never kissed a girl.

Once at a high school party out in our local park, a game of "Post Office" was initiated, and anticipating an opportunity, I ordered an Air Mail Special Delivery from Glenda.  Hand in hand, we walked into the deepest shadows I could find, and lowered ourselves to the ground, knees to knees, and waited...until I finally said, "I'm ready...", and Glenda, who was familiar with the game, revealed, "You're supposed to kiss me.", and so, I took her into my arms, drew her close, and kissed her,...ON THE BACK OF HER NECK.

In my senior year of high school, at a meeting of our Methodist youth group, I was "fatally" attracted to a young pixie from a nearby town who appeared mutually attracted.  She was just about the cutest creature I had seen before, It led to a number of trips throughout the following year to the nearby town, and after I moved to Austin for college, the letters she send with an air mail stamp from the town about 179 miles away. I was aware that she and her best friend Mary Helen colluded to find clever things to write to "their" collegiate.

Finally, after many dates, as I was walking her to the door, I choked out the words, "For a change, should we kiss good night?"

Immediately her pixie face seemed to gain a fresh radiance, and she nibbled her lower lip in her playful, customary way, and asked, Should I turn off the light?"

After we had stood for a few seconds sin the darkness, we gently touched lips, and I walked back to my car, exhilarated!

In retrospect, I can only surmise the effect of our first kiss on my pixie, but I have decided I must break this "Autobiography", and will finish (I hope) in a second installment, in which will be Helen (probably) and others (surely)...continued...

No comments: