Thursday, January 3, 2019

SOMETHING THERE IS THAT DOESN'T LOVE A WALL~R.F.

No photo description available.This is the first of the silly damyankee "Border Memes" that has failed to transform my normal sweet gentle nature.  The significant word is 1836.

In NO WAY do I see our neighboring country of Mexico agreeing to pay for any monument to Trump.  The wall, if such a gimmick transpires, will be completely funded by Taxpayers of The United States, not Los Estados Unidos de Mexico!  And it will be built, at least at Texas,' not on The Border, but on dry land on the US side, effectively, if not statutorily, ceding part of Texas to Mexico.

When I lived in New Mexico for a few blissful years, in a time before neither Mexicans nor Palestinians had invented their "racial identity", I asked a question of my co-workers.  As a recent arrival from Texas, I was filled with a yearning for learning.  The question I asked was, "Why do ALL of the Mexicans here call themselves 'Spanish'?"  The answer, from those with tenure, was, "Because they never really had much to do with Mexico."  The land had been governed by Spain for 300 years before it was taken over in a revolution by Mexico, and held for a mere 34 years before it was ceded to the USA."

That seemed reasonable to me,...Mexico was a "flash-in-the pan"  to the old families, and native New Mexicans.

Knowing more now about Texas history than we were taught in Texas schools, and firmly believing that "history is a matter of opinion", I still endorse the legitimacy of the Texas Revolution, which was fought against the dictator Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna,  not really the upstart country of Mexico.
 Image result for alamo flag













No comments: