Thursday, May 21, 2009

This was not intended to be about you, Rufus!

I was once again baited by my old friend Rufus this afternoon, and I decided not to take the bait. I thought I'd say something about my daughter, Sifu Donna.

I have started on a GoogleMap, Willie C's Santa Fe, and I intend to elaborate on my adventures in New Mexico back in prehistoric times, around 1961. I will add to it as time goes by.

But as I sat thinking about Rufus's challenge, the History Channel was on, with a feature about the terrorist aspects of The Ku Klux Klan.

For those of you who are not familiar with the 1960's, this should be required viewing! You think that the battle over civil rights is pretty serious now, you really need to know what it was like then!

I'm not sure that they will ever be able to tell the story of the civil rights movement and the injustices surrounding it as effectively as it should be. It can never be publicized enough that people who believe in the founding principles of this country must be always watchful.

There are people at large who deny that Hitler's treatment of the Jews actually happened, and I'm sure it will not be long before people begin to take the attitude that the things shown in this treatment of the Klan are simple fabrications, and could not possibly be real.

I was an adult at the time they were happening, and I'll assure you that they are real. Learn, and remember! Someone once said the price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

Be vigilant!


..

2 comments:

rufism said...

He once watched a tv program just for the commercials.

He is the most interesting blogger in the world.

Stay vigilant my friend.

(Take the bait..inquiring minds wanna know.)

Willie C said...

Hey, man. I didn't go to MAKE you see this by putting your name on it, and I really was going to ignore you. I decided, however, that the situation deserved some comment.

People always seem to believe what they want to believe, and history gets lost, especially in these days of political correctness.

Let's never forget there's a real world beyond Facebook, and sometimes it's not as pretty as we'd like. But if we don't remember it, it's possible it could happen again.