Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Rush to Judgement?......

I was out yesterday (Friday) in the early afternoon, and heard a little of Rush Limbaugh's show.

It was "open line Friday", wasn't it? But I didn't hear him take a call. I suppose I heard him for only about half an hour, and we all know that he'd rather listen to himself than take calls, anyway.......but on OPEN LINE FRIDAY????

I'm not sure, but I think that there was one phone call that he mentioned, but for some reason he didn't take it. Maybe the caller got tired of waiting and hung up, or maybe he just found some reason not to work it in. I really don't know.

I can remember more than sixteen years ago, hearing a caller on a local talk show telling the host that "the election will be decided before 8:00, Clinton will win, and Rush Limbaugh will "turn up his toes and dieeee". Didn't happen. If anything, Rush has only gained in his dubious popularity (I'd be less dubious if I heard a few more callers) since that time.

Yesterday, however, It certainly appeared to me that he was "running scared". Do you suppose that, just perhaps, the Obama administration will NOT fail, but Limbaugh will? We can only hope. It's possible, anything's possible.

EPILOGUE......Today, April 7, 2009, I heard Rush for a few minutes. He took a phone call today, but it segued so nicely into another monologue that I thought it may have been a plant. One of his chief topics of soliloquy today was the "drive-by" press's adoration of our current president. For my own part, I felt I must disagree with his attitude. I had come ot think that it would not be long before Fox News, in order to live up to its slogan "Fair and Balanced", would have to begin defending Obama.

No comments: